Jogging Women Reduce Body Fat
Find your groove and join the jogging women who enjoy...
- reduce body fat,
- cope with stress,
- improve self-image,
- increase resistance to fatigue,
- counter anxiety and depression,
- relax and feel less tense as well as improved sleep.
Get Your Jog On
Get outside and enjoy the fresh air and sites around you! Jogging gives you "me time" when you can be alone to reflect on things.
Worry about the laundry, the grocery and the kids later when you get back. Those responsibilities will still be there, right? Believe me the laundry isn't going to get up and wash itself (as much as we'd like to see that happen!).
If you jog with a partner or friends it's a wonderful opportunity to catch up without distractions. Of course, if you carry a cell phone (and I recommend you do) turn it off so you can focus your efforts.
You may know that cardiovascular disease and stroke are the leading cause of death in the United States, but jogging women and men reduce their risks with regular jogging.
What's In It For You?
Jogging women and men experience improved circulation, stronger muscles, less fatigue and increased cardiorespiratory endurance.
Understanding the Basics
- Understand that one pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories. Jogging women who eat and drink 3,000 calories a day will won't burn fat quickly.
Of course, don't think about reducing your daily caloric intake to 1,200 to lose fat faster. Your body will go into starvation mode and jealously hold onto every bit of fat it can!
Historically our bodies stored fat for fuel or food since early in our evolution we hunted game and gathered fruits and nuts to survive. A very cold winter or exceptionally hot summer could have meant the difference between feast or famine.
Nowadays, we can get food whenever we like and in whatever portions we desire. But the body's design is to store the food as fat.
- So, for example, if you're jogging a 10-minute-mile weighing approximately 140 pounds you'll burn about 170 calories per hour. A jogging man exercising at the same pace and weighing 175 pounds will burn about 300 calories per hour.
The calories you burn per hour can be influenced by environmental conditions and other factors. Not all workouts are terrific. Sometimes you may just have an off day or not feel well and that affects your performance.
- Persistence is an important quality in life: it helps you stay focused on your goals. Without persistence you won't realize the weight loss benefits the same way someone would who commits to regular physical fitness.
- If you're more than 30 pounds overweight than jogging is something to build up to. Build up to jogging by walking and jogging together and resting when you need to.
- When you do begin jogging consider developing the correct running form. It affects your body's alignment, foot landing and posture as well as your jogging workouts.
Any exercise is good for you and your body. Simply find a fitness routine that works for you so you can begin enjoying the benefits above.
Top of Page
Back to Lose Weight
I Found My Self Improvement
Need some ideas on self improvement?
For a good website on self-esteem and a healthy body visit
Self Esteem the Simple Truth
Cartoon copied with permission from www.mchumor.com.
Jogging Women Back to Jogging101.com